One of the most ambitious fleet revitalizations initiatives in the history of the cruise industry has just been completed. Celebrity Cruises’ Celebrity Millennium set sail on Saturday from the Port of Miami following an extensive enhanced refurbishment.
Celebrity Millennium is the fourth and final ship to complete the cruise line’s $140-million investment programme, dubbed “Solsticizing”. Ships that have been enhanced now feature a host of venues and experiences guests love most on the newest Celebrity Cruises ships.
“Solsticizing has been such an exciting initiative for us – and more importantly, for our guests, as indicated by their response to each of our refurbished ships,” said Celebrity Cruises’ President & CEO Dan Hanrahan. “Our Millennium Class ships already had a large and loyal following, having repeatedly ranked at the top of many of the world’s most prestigious consumer polls, and their original style, design and ambience served as significant inspiration for the design of the Solstice Class. So now, we’re bringing it full circle, incorporating on the entire Millennium Class what our guests enjoy most on the Solstice Class. It ties our whole fleet together in a very powerful way.”
A Celebrity Cruises exclusive – “Qsine,” the restaurant introduced on Celebrity Eclipse in 2010 and Celebrity Silhouette last year – is also dazzling guests on Celebrity Infinity, Celebrity Summit and Celebrity Millennium as a result of each ship’s make over. The first restaurant at sea to present a menu and wine list on an iPadTM, Qsine serves a blend of classic and contemporary dishes in custom-made table ware, such as spring rolls served in vertical springs, and popcorn shrimp in cinema-style popcorn boxes.
Other new on board features include:
• The Celebrity iLounge, the industry’s first Authorised Apple Reseller
• Celebrity Cruises’ “eXhale” bedding programme, in partnership with Reverie®, a leader in the field of luxury bedding
• A new twist within Celebrity Cruises’ casually elegant bar, Michael’s Club, where its selection of fine whiskies, cognac, bourbons and scotches is now complemented with craft beers, including 50 international selections
• The “cool,” ice-topped Martini Bar and Crush
• The creperie, Bistro on Five
• Café al Bacio and Gelateria
• Cellarmasters wine bar, complete with the “Enomatic” state-of-the-art wine serving system allowing guests to select wines by the glass, at the touch of a button
• New balconies added to the ship’s spacious Celebrity Suites
• Additional oceanview and inside staterooms
• An expanded collection of original, contemporary art
Celebrity’s Millennium is currently on a Panama Canal voyage but will provide seven-night Northbound and Southbound Alaska sailings between Vancouver and Seward (Alaska) starting May 27th.
(Portions of this article taken from incentivetravel.co.uk)