In an effort to extend the small group experience while cruising Alaska’s Inside Passage, John Hall’s Alaska will be partnering with Alaskan Dream Cruises on two Klondike Gold Rush tour departures in 2014.
Allen Marine, parent company of Alaskan Dream Cruises, was established in 1970 when Bob and Betty Allen, and their five children, restored a ruined boat that became the St. Michael, the first in a long line of Allen Marine tour vessels named after saints of the family’s Russian Orthodox faith.
Alaskan Dream Cruises was conceived with the notion that guests come to Alaska in search of a deep personal connection with the true Alaska. A place of genuine character. A place where adventure is a way of life. In the tradition of John Hall’s Alaska, Alaskan Dream Cruises employ true Alaskan experts on board and ashore. They boast years of experience as naturalists, educators, and authors and are well versed in everything from environmental science to marine biology.
In 2014, John Hall’s Alaska guests traveling on our Klondike Gold Rush (an 18 Day tour in 2014) will enjoy the 8-day cruise portion of their tour aboard an Alaskan Dream Cruises vessel.
Vessels hold a maximum of 49 passengers and because of their smaller size can offer up-close glacier viewing and the best opportunities to mingle with and photograph wildlife. Itineraries highlight world renowned destinations combined with off-of-the-beaten path ports (our exact motto for land tours!). Get closer to tide water glaciers and tour native ports that larger cruise ships simply cannot gain access to.
LIFE ON BOARD: Enjoy an 100% casual atmosphere on board. Naturalists prep you for the next day’s highlights during complimentary cocktail hours and review what you see at the close of each day.
Locally harvested crab, halibut, shrimp and wild Alaskan salmon as well as a wide array of Pacific Northwest wines and Alaskan microbrews are always on the chef-inspired gourmet menu. Complimentary beer and wine are offered at dinner. Juice and bottled water are always included.
INCLUDED SHORE EXCURSIONS:
Hand picked shore excursions are built into the itineraries while allowing for free-time in each port. Here is a short list to give you an idea:
- Orca Point Lodge Alaskan salmon & king crab dinner
- Kayaks, all-terrain vehicles & Zego runabouts at Hobart Bay
- Sitka Sea Otter & Wildlife Quest Boat Tour
- St. Michaels Russian Orthodox Cathedral, Russian Bishop’s House, Alaska Raptor Center and Sheldon Jackson Museum in Sitka
- Mt. Roberts Tram and Mendenhall Glacier Visitors Center in Juneau
- Kasaan walking and educational tour
- Norwegian Folk Dance show in Petersburg
- Stikine River Jet Boat Tour and Wrangell City Walking Tour
- World’s Largest Totem Pole, Totem Carving Demonstration, Gunnuk Creek Dog Salmon Hatchery Tour and Bear Viewing Platform in the village of Kake
John Hall’s Alaska will still offer 7-Day cruises with Royal Caribbean and Celebrity, but we think Alaskan Dream Cruises increases your choices when touring Alaska. Just another way for us to bring the Real Alaska to our guests!
(Some details pulled from www.alaskandreamcruises.com)